Saturday, November 2, 2013

AUTUMN MISTS


Hi  family, friends, and followers,

We are in the cold rainy throws of Autumn. Nice napping weather. I often hear the Canadian geese over head. They stay up north all year and are I think, beautiful birds. Hope to do some watercolor paintings of them some day. It is on my bucket list.

We had a nice early Thanksgiving dinner with our son and  his wife's family today. The  turkey was cooked in the Green Egg and had a slight smoked flavor and was moist and tasty. Lots of the traditional side dishes and lots of good conversation. We will redo Thanksgiving over in MN the end of the month.

I have made a couple of cards and presently working on 12 items for a challenge called The 12 Days of Christmas. Need to finish by Nov 11 to compete .Here is a BD card for my exchange student/daughter. The Halloween Step card is  also a birthday card for a friend whose BD is Halloween.

Sorry my photo skills are so poor and the pictures small. Maybe I should add that to my bucket list too.
The floral card went quickly once I had the background paper chosen. I really liked the colors, but altered the look a little with a bit of spritzing with Pearl Glimmer Mist, that does not show in the picture but gives a shinny pearlized surface.  I had to weigh the wet paper down to keep it flat and let it dry. Then I added the vine in a green print and primitive hearts for flower buds. I cut the sentiment panel with a Spellbinder and edged it with some Baroque Burgundy ink. I used a grass green for the mat.  I added two small hearts and a bow to finish it up. Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Krissia.

The Halloween BD card took a little longer with the step cuts and folds and lots of parts to color and cut out. The main picture of pumpkins with the Trick or Treat frame is from Rubber Stampede and called Pumpkin Patch. The row of cats on the middle "mountain" is from a cling set whose name escapes me right now. The ghost, bat, "BOO" (which I added DAY to ), the spider web and spider and Happy Halloween all come from a Paper Smooches clear set. The tree with owl is from Hampton Art called Spooky Tree. I just colored the big moon behind the tree for color on that side of the card. "Necessity is the mother of invention". I added the bat for the same reason, and when I made another card just like it in yellow. I added a second spider web to the bottom left to cover that blank space. The grass is a Martha Stewart punch and I used Stampin Up markers for all the coloring.

Hope I can keep up with my blog. I have a new Touch Screen PC and things do not work the way I remember, so this old bird is having to relearn a bit and DH help often. Thanks dear!

Thanks so much for checking in to see my creations.

Be blessed, Martha



No comments: