Wednesday, October 1, 2008

CHANGES-


Wow, how quickly the summer passed and now Sept is just a memory. Bill and I were able to finally sell our RV (barely able to pay off the loan but at least we are free.) I will particularly miss traveling in it each fall, visiting my family in TX on our way down to Mission and back home to Minnesota in the spring. We did that for the last 11 years and made wonderful new frriends along the way. And this winter we will be traveling between MN and WI a month-at-a-time. So a new change in our retirement plan. I dug out my sweaters and heavy coat getting ready for it.


My step-father, Granval Turner, passed away from cancer Sept 7th at home in his own bed. That was his wish and it was a blessing that he went suddenly even though it was expected. He was 91 and would have been 92 Oct 26th. I flew down and spent 2 weeks with my mom just keeping her company. She said the loneliness is the hardest part. She is doing very well and is learning some new skills at 87 years old. She has not paid the bills in their years together so is doing that new job. She doesn't have much family there, but has a big support group of neighbors and aquaintances, so I am not sure what she will decide to do. I pray she will be able to make new friendships and be willing to call the senior center and maybe join in some of their activities. Also I pray that God will protect her and other drivers when she is on the road.


We are in Wisconsin visiting our son, Bill II and his family. We are thankful for the condo so we can be comfortable. They came over Tuesday and had supper with us. The picture is of Emma and Madison in their new "princess" play dresses and "high" heels. They think they really are princesses and are fun to watch as they learn and grow. Emma is 3 1/2 and getting to experience gymnastics and swimming lessons. Madison will be old enough next year (she is only 2 1/2 and is handling the wait pretty well.) Youth is so sweet as we watch the changes happen so quickly.


Guess change is on everyone's adgenda...from lifestyle changes, to the end of life and the beginning and bloom of the young. Someone said "Change is enevitable" and I learned at Weight Watchers 10 years ago "If nothing changes, nothing changes!" What king of changes are in your future?





1 comment:

Barb Hardeman said...

Wow, Martha! Many changes in your life going on. Glad you finally sold your RV though I will miss having you come down here for the summers. No more Salado for us I guess!
Look to see how the girls ar growning. Just last year they were babies. They are so pretty in their dresses and shoes. How precious.
Many life changes here too. Jurdy and his twin sisters, Brielle and Josslyn (age 3 1/2 month) are coming in October 19 to live with us for about 14 months. Their parents are shipping out to Iraq.
Saralyn is moving out - again - this time to go live with her birth father in Temple. She leaved on Friday. So we will have ust one week to bet the house ready for the kids to come.

Please go over to my blog and sign up to be a follower. That you you can easily stay up with what's happening here. All my card sommitments have been terminated as I surely won't have time to meet deadlines with three little ones under my feet. I'll be looking for a good Mother's day out just so that I can keep my saity. Hope to year from you soon.
Hugs,
Barb