Tuesday, November 4, 2008

AUTUMNS JEWELS



As I look out the big picture window on our backyard, I see a myriad of color...from every shade of brown and tan, to brillant yellows, reds, burgundy, orange and a variety of greens still. Of course the ever greens will forever be green, but some other trees and shrubs still have green in their leaves until it is freezing or lower and then they will give up trying to grow. How marvelous God's creation is to study. HE was so clever in His divine design to give us these beautiful "jewels" to enjoy in Autumn. Every season has its "jewels" if we just open our eyes, our hearts and souls to the beauty of His creation. How anyone can believe the lie that we evolved from some kind of mucky rock slime beats me!

I am reminded with every falling leaf ( and believe me...my back yard is covered with them!) that winter is just around the corner here in Minnesota. In fact, we are supposed to have a significant snow fall on Friday. YIKES, so soon! Can't we have autumn a little longer so I can finish my outdoor winter yard prep?

Last weekend the grand daughters and their parents came for 5 days and we went to the Mall of America for Trick or Treating. Talk about marathon walking! Wore this old mamaw's legs out trying to keep up with everyone. Here is a nice picture of them with their mother in the front yard and in their costumes. We even made homemade pizza just their size and they got to decorate their own with pepperoni in a Happy Face on top. Pretty cool activity . They love being in the kitchen.

My big event will be Thanksgiving this year, We will have 4 additional adults and the two grand daughters here for several days, so major cleaning and prep to do over the next 2 1/2 weeks. I hope to do some baking prior and freeze a couple of pies, some pecan tarts, and maybe the green bean casserole too. I want to enjoy the family all together. It doesn't happen often and it is always a blessing. God is so good.

1 comment:

Barb Hardeman said...

What darling pictures of your "grands". So pretty your Autumn leaves...