Monday, February 23, 2009

AGING


I know. I know! It is a rotten subject! But from the day we are born, we are continually aging, moving each moment to the end of our life, whatever age that might be.

When we are young, time can't pass fast enough until we are "old enough" to ride our bike, or go to school. We are impatient for the time when our birthday or Christmas comes, when we can wear make up and "grown up shoes with little heels". Oh, and have our ears pierced. We long for the day when we can go to the mall with our friends shopping or just hanging out with no parental supervision, giggling over a soda and some cute boy that walks by. We endure (not always successfully) curfews and other people telling us what to do and when to do it, longing for the day when we can be on our own, away from parents and others rules.

Then comes higher education for some, not for others. The "old" firsts were sitting, walking, talking and feeding ourselves AND potty training. The "new" firsts are car, boyfriend (or girlfriend), job, marriage, apartment then house, baby, (not necessarily in that order) and so on and so on. All these things are wonderful and natural, but without Christ in the picture, they are meaningless.

I came to know Christ when I was 15 in Corpus Christi, TX. A neighbor invited my sister and me to a revival at Morgan Avenue Baptist Church. By the end of the week, I knew I believed in Him and went forward to make my "profession of faith in Christ" public. My dad did not want us to be "baptized" because he wanted us to study other denominations and religions before choosing. My sister and I were baptized anyway to follow Christs' example. Christ had sent the Holy spirit to quicken my spirit to know Him and I accepted Him as my personal Savior.

My faith in Christ has always been strong and He is the only true meaning for existing that I have found. I surrendered to missions at 18 and feel I have served in Minnesota mission field for 35 years at Crystal Lake Baptist Church. As I near the "autumn of my life" and time is now passing faster and faster with each day, God is working in me to draw me closer to Him, and even when I make wrong decisions, He gently brings me back to Him.. He has always been faithful and when I seek Him in His Word and prayer, He is always faithful to meet my needs. This is my testimony of Him, of His love, and of His mercy and grace.

So I CAN enter this last section of my aging process and know He will carry me though no matter what happens. Would that the whole world believed in Him and trusted Him to meet their needs. Only He is love, and only He is able to do all things. I praise Him with a heart full of thanksgiving for all He is, has been and will be to me.

We are commanded to share our testimony with others that they too might know Him personally. This my way of sharing my testimony with all who might read my blogspot.

No comments: