Monday, February 15, 2010

SOME CARDS

I have made a couple of cards when needed the last month. I will just show you and give a brief description of the process.

This sympathy card uses a Carolyn Shores Wright stamp of a light house on the beach with a storm coming in and the rain falling. It is not easy to color but is fun to try to make the storm and rain. On the inside it says "We walk by faith, not by sight". I used a teal and a black for the matting of the print which is really a teal colored vintage paper. It echos the color of the ocean.The image is matted in the same two colors and a jeweled rhinestone is in each corner. I didn't think any ribbon would be appropriate for this card.







This is my Valentine card for my mother. I used The Paper Studio Random Doodle Heart paper from my local craft store. I also used my new EK Success heart punch. It is so sweet. The corner is a little Marvy Uschida (SP?) corner punch. The sentiment on the front is stamped with cranberry and I rubbed around the edges of the Embossing Arts (1995) saying with cranberry, also. I added some pink artificial silk flowers using a small brad in the center of each and putting some pink Stickles on the brad and the petals to give them some sheen.
Inside I used a sweet saying to tell mom how special she is to me. I added a couple of sparkly hearts where the stamped ones were. I added a small box of candy in the package and a heart wind chime for her to hang up and remember how much I love her.

1 comment:

Davi said...

Love the stamp and how you layered the card! Very pretty and soothing great for a sympathy card! You are right those flowers are so very pretty and are a perfect compliment to the card!!