Sunday, August 14, 2011

SECOND IMPLANT

Well,

I survived the shoulder implant! I have a new man-made shoulder joint and I am almost pain/discomfort free! Woohoo! It is worth it all, believe me. I have spent the better part of the last two years not being able to lift my arm above the bust line. I have had to wash my hair using only the left hand/arm and even now, the left is screaming at me when I wash my hair. So #3 implant will be in the future for me. I begin out-patient therapy for the right shoulder this week and believe I will regain my range-of-motion and the use of this arm above my bust. I have a positive attitude and God seems to have blessed me with a strong body that can handle the surgeries (I do help by eating lots of good foods.) This is so much better than what so many people have to deal with in their later years.

Being in the Nursing Home/Care Center for 11 days was a reminder that I am truly blessed. So there will be no cards posted yet. I am not sure when my shoulder can crank the old Cuttlebug and such. I am just taking it one day at-a-time.

God bless you and thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh so good to hear that you're well on the way to mending and resuming a normal life. Pain free - now that's fantastic considering what you've been through. God is good!
Hugs,
Barb

Ann said...

Hi Martha

It will be all worth it as you already know. Hope you got my email the other day (a reply to yours) good to see you blogging, but don't overdo it !
Ann x

LeAnne said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend! Praying for you!