Wednesday, August 31, 2011

OUT SPOT

As you can read, I am a bit upset. I visited my dermatologist about a few spots on my skin. One turned out to be a small cyst which he removed. The other is on my nose and he has looked at it in the past and said it was nothing to worry about! Well, I felt it was growing and said I wanted it off...no matter what it was! So he cut off a chunk and sent it to be tested and low and behold...it is a basal cell carcinoma! Now I need to go back and let him cut some more until he gets "clean" skin. Not sure how big it has become inside my skin. And I am not sure who will be trying to sew me up and make it look as good as possible. What I am most upset about is his cavalier attitude and almost non-interest in it for the past few years. Had he taken a piece last year, maybe we would have caught it sooner. Not sure how to feel about it and if I should go to a plastic surgeon to have them do the work of the removal and repair. I only have tomorrow to decide and call someone else if I decide to go that route. So there will be NO pictures or cards with this posting. I am just venting!

Sept 8,20011
I wrote the above and did not call the plastic surgeon to see what I should do. I decided just to go with the dermatologist and hope and pray it won"t look too crooked and ugly after he is done. I even made a joke about "listing to the left" because my nose will be bigger and heavier on that side. LOL

Surgery is in an hour, and I will write when I get back home.

It is early evening and I sit here writing with a BIG white bandage on my nose. It took them two tries to get it all and 2 1/2 hours all total. He was going to sew me up but I looked at it, and it is a "crater" 1/4inch deep and about 1/2inch across. It is really big looking and I told him I wanted a plastic surgeon to fix it. So they booked an appointment for me tomorrow. At least it is not hurting yet. Not sure what tomorrow will bring.

So guys and gals, if you see a spot of anything growing on your skin...be sure to get someone to check it out. You never know! I just hope my nose is decent looking when all is finished.

1 comment:

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh my goodness, he put you the the wringer! Bill had a cold sore on his upper lip once that wouldn't heal and the dermatologist gave him some medication and called it a day. Months and months later I insisted he have it checked out. Turned out to be the same thing and it was deep and wide. They sewed him up and it left a nasty scar. I hope you have a wonderful response from the plastic surgeon tomorrow. Holding you in my prayers!!!
Love ya,
Barb