Thursday, September 8, 2011

THREE CARDS

Here is a card for a friend who had shoulder surgery last week and I liked it so much, I made two more just like it...one for my mom as encouragement and one as a Thank You for my Scottish pen pal, Ann, who sent me some lovely goodies for crafting.

For the card I used a medium blue Bazzill CS called Wildberry. I took a sheet of lavender on white print and cut it to fit using the Martha Stewart Beaded Arcs punch down the sides. I stamped the Inkadinkado bird house stamp in Momento tuxedo black and I used Copics to color it a darker shade of purple with some purple highlights in the swirls. I colored the bird a blue and then gave it some sparkle with a blue glitter pen. The sentiment is from Hampton Art and was also stamped in black. I added the light blue ribbon and after the picture was taken (I forgot to take a new one!) I added some purple rhinestones to the four corners of the light paper. I also added some dots of the sparkle pen on the beaded arcs punched area. It was a pretty simple card and making two more did not take a lot of time. I need to push myself to make more cards more often. Each card has its own different message stamped inside..."Hope you're better soon", and "...wanted you to know how important you are to me.", the last two with a hand written personal message also.

Thanks for stopping by. I will try to make more cards to give you something nice to look at and a reason to visit my blog.

2 comments:

Davi said...

Martha this is so very pretty. You are right the birdhouse is a delightful stamp all colored so pretty. I love your new punch it sorta reminds me of a fancy lattice...so perfect with the birdhouse :)

Ann said...

I loved my card Martha, it is on my craft desk so I can see it when I am working up there.
many thanks again. :-)
xx