Thursday, September 8, 2011

MY COPIC STORAGE SYSTEM


WOOHOO! Over the Labor Day weekend while Bill was in WI on a consulting job (helping our son install a range hood with ducting to have it blow outside instead of into the kitchen)...I took the opportunity to organize my 320 Copic markers into color families, arrange them by their numbers on the end, mark the brush tip ends with a permanent marker dot (so I could easily identify that end 'cause I use it 99% of the time) and I grouped them in groups as near to 72 as I could without going over. The 5 wallets each hold 72 markers, so they all had to fit.

Red is paired with Red/Violets and the 10 Spica glitter pens (R and RV)

Green is paired with Yellow/Green and Yellow. (G, Y/G, Y)

Blue/Green, Yellow/Red, and all the grays and neutral colors.(B/G, Y/R, Cool grays, Warm grays, Tones of gray shading. and Neutral grays.) I only have about 6 of each of the grays.

Blue, Blue/Violet, Violet, Black and clear blender pen (B, B/V, V, Black 100 and 110, and the clear blender pens)

Lastly are the ecru colors which is every shade from white to dark brown and anything with brown mixed in it. And this family of colors barely fit in the 72 pocket wallet. This has all the skin colors for just about every nationality. (Reminds me of "red and yellow, black and white...they are precious in His sight!")

On each wallet handle I tied a length of 1/4 inch ribbon in the colors inside that wallet. This was to help me identify where to look when I wanted a specific color. AND the system works really well. I hope to also buy or make a bag to carry all five wallets for when we travel between MN and WI. Or I might find a plastic bin just the right size. I carry everything else in plastic bins for traveling.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will come back soon. I am eating a big bowl of watermelon right now as I type this, enjoying the last of the summer season, probably.

2 comments:

Davi said...

Martha they look awesome all organized in the wallets!! Makes you think you are at a store with all 300+ :) It will be great to find your colors so easily.

Ann said...

Well done Martha, you certainly have been busy. No excuse not to find the colour you want :-)