Saturday, November 12, 2011

MY SISTER


Today is my sisters BD. She is 2 1/2 years younger and I am thankful for her. She has been through a lot in her life (a car accident leaving her to relearn speech, and many surgeries to regain her walking skills, and much much more. She never quite regained her original balance and requires someone to walk with her as she uses her walker. ) I admire her because she has maintained the sweet Spirit of her faith in Jesus Christ through it all. So dear sister, have a blessed birthday and many more. I love you!

She asked me to sew a little nightie for her and I did. It is still getting hemmed. I have a card for her to go with it. I chose a group of corn stalks with a checked ribbon as my image. I think it is a Dots stamp. I colored it with my Copics, added matting in tan and turquoise and a striped paper for interest. I used a Martha Stewart corner punch for the one corner. I punched little holes and added five jewelry tags down the side and used small brass brads to hold them on. I wrote the letters for Happy on the tags and on the inside stamped in turquoise "...birthday to you". Hope you have a nice fall y'all and thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

What a clever way to add your sentiment!!! I am sure she loved it and her specially-sewn gift!

Ann said...

this is a pretty and unusual card Martha. Lovely.
Ann x