Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A SWEET FRIEND



We have all heard the sayings, quotes and such about what good friends are. Some know our thoughts before we think them, some "walk in the door when others are walking out", and others hear and know our heart "song" when we can not speak and they do not judge us but accept. Some are just passing through and then they move on.

Sometimes our best friend is our spouse. Here we walk a fine line with telling them what to think and feel because we think we know what is in their mind and heart and know what is best for them VS really listening and asking what they need, want or feel and cherishing them for who they are. Those who have the latter for their spousal relationship are blessed. There should be a "oneness to a marriage" as said in the Bible when both are pulling the same direction. Friendship has a "oneness" to it too.

Some friends are people we meet along lifes road, and for whatever reason, there is a special divine connection sewn with kindness, acceptance, and a freedom to be who we are. Nothing is more special than to have friends like this but we usually only have a few. Those who have more of this kind are special because they attract and keep their friends. They know how to be a true friend.

One of my true friends is my CA friend. I talk with her long distance often (Glad we have cell phones with free long distance!) She never complains or gets upset, she always has a friendly "phone" smile and seems genuinely happy to talk with me no matter when or about what. We have never met face-to-face, but I hope to meet her in Las Vegas (which is the nearest air port for her) and spend a girl weekend hitting the craft stores and talking non-stop. And I will as soon as all my surgeries settle down and we can work it into her work schedule. She always blesses me with her positiveness and encouragement. Thanks so much Davi for being my true and special friend.

Her BD is the same as my daughters and since her gift is on it's way, I will wait to post this until she gets it. I hope she is surprised.

Her card was a simple one using a recently bought stamp off of Ebay, from Stampin Up 2001.( I do not know the name of the set this stamp originally came from. The wood block measures 2 7/8ths by 1 7/8ths and so is not a big stamp. If anyone recognizes it, shoot me an email.) It is a fall still life with a wooden bucket and some bitter sweet and leaves. There are three gourds in front of the bucket. Inside the card is a Double D stamp saying, which I stamped in a mixture of two colors, rust and cranberry SU markers. It says, "May your day be wonderful and special in every way."

Back to the front of my card... I used forest green matting, and was trying to cut some rectangles from (Bo Bunny Forever Fall 6X6 pad ) an orange/gold leaf print. As you can see...my four rectangles are not equal due to a miscalculation on my part (math was never my strongest class), but I decided to use the smaller ones on top and the larger on the bottom leaving the forest green around as a frame. And I think it adds more interest not being exactly the same! "Necessity is the mother of invention" in card making for sure and sometimes our accidents turn out to be really special. Especially when this card was being created just before midnight ...anything can happen at that time of night!

The image was matted in the same green and popped up. I distressed it with some Tim Ho;tz ink. The front "friend" sentiment was stamped in black using just part of a Michaels $1 stamp by Studio G. I punched it out with my SU small oval and punched the next size up out of the green also with an SU punch. I am so glad I brought them along from WI with me. I used a SU cranberry colored marker to draw a fine line design around the leaves on the Bo Bunny print to give it an extra design element and added three rhinestone jewels in gold in the upper right corner. I decided I did not like the "friend" black sentiment and drew over the letters to give it a cranberry coloring. I was going to tie on some ribbon, but honestly couldn't figure out where to put it, so I left it off.

Thanks to all who visit me on my little blog. I wax poetic and philosophical at times, but I do enjoy sharing. LOL!HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVI!

No comments: