Tuesday, December 23, 2008

LIFE HAPPENS...

Whomever made the astute observation "Life happens when you're planning something else" sure knew what they were talking about.

We came over to WI to spend Christmas and New years with our son and his family. I guess since it is the end of Dec and it would be completely normal to anticipate spending time with family, shopping for gifts, making sweet treats to give and to eat, planning special meals, enjoying the lights other people have put on their houses and in their yards, singing carols, going to Christmas Eve services to acknowledge Jesus, the reason for everything...etc, etc, etc!

BAH! HUMBUG! Life happens and I have been sick with an upper respiratory infection for a week now, and I don't have all my gifts purchased, and I don't have the ones I have wrapped, and I can't see our grand daughters this Christmas sneezing, blowing, running a temp and coughing as I am. We had an invitation for Christmas Eve dinner and can't accept it. I can't sing because it makes me cough and my voice sounds like it is a deep bass anyway. I didn't get my Christmas cards done again, and I don't want to include my germs inside sweet treats. I am living in my pj's and barely getting something to eat. So our Christmas is not as I planned for sure. Plus we are getting a snow storm about every third day and while the condo association takes care of the front, I was trying to keep the snow off the small deck and away from the sliding door. Well, there is a foot of snow drifts out there right now with more on the way and I just don't have the energy to do a thing about it!

You are right...I need an attitude adjustment. I am so typical of the many who plan and work and live acccording to our own understanding. I NEED to get back to the basics of "walking each day with the Lord" and not grousing about my plans that didn't come to pass. HIS is a better plan and if I am to be sick during this time of celebration for the rest of the world, then I need to look for the blessing in it. "Forgive me Lord my selfish spirit and help me to be joyfull and content in You and in all circumstances. Teach me Thy ways". This is my prayer.

I wish for each and everyone a blessed Christmas full of the happiness that comes from knowing the Lord personally. He gives to our hearts His joy, His peace and His provision according to His plan for us, which is perfect. So sit back and enjoy and let Him do the driving! Merry Christmas

PS There will be no picture with this posting. You wouldn't want to see me right now. LOL

1 comment:

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that you are so sick! What a nasty way to have to spend your Christmas - if the snow wasn't a difficult enough hurdle to overcome. I hope you will be feeling better very soon. I hope you were at least able to enjoy some time with the family.