Tuesday, December 23, 2008

THE NEW FORTY

The number "forty" is a kind of mediocre number. It is an "old" number if you are young. It is a wishful number if you are in your 60's looking back at how you used to feel and look and what you were able to accomplish in a day. It could be a blessing or a curse if it is the size of your chest! And a definite downer if it is the size of your waist.

No, as I sit here sick with nothing much I can do but blow my nose, and think, I am thinking of the forty inches of snow outside my front door. YEP! I said "FORTY" and there is more on the way tonight, and Christmas Day and we are 2 inches away from the record for December and with Jan, Feb and March still to go, we are only 17 inches away from the record winter total!

That's a lot of snowflakes! Just imagine...

Welcome to Wisconsin and I am saying that for myself. This is our first winter here and our first back up "north" from the sunny climes of Texas where we spent the last 11 winters. While the first few snowfalls were fun, the last ones have not been as much fun since I have a cold. Guess it is just part of the cycle of life, sometimes things just are and we need to pull ourselves up by our boot straps and suck in a deep breath (oxygen always helps) and deal with it.

So for all who wish for a little of the white stuff...be careful what you wish for!

No comments: