Saturday, July 18, 2009

HOT, HOT, HOT


You might say I am being redundant from that title but I just returned from Texas where I visited my mother for 9 days, and it was over 100 for 5 of those days. They are having the worst drought in 17 years and can only water once every two weeks on a specified day of the week. She is 88 and half of her front yard has already died and she had new St. Augustine sod put down in a checkerboard fashion ( It sends out runners and will eventually grow together.) She is having a difficult time just walking on the uneven ground and pulling the hoses and setting it up after dark. I did that job several times and was able to water twice while there. The neighbors have underground sprinklers and water every morning at 6am and so their yard is completely green while half of mom's is dead except for this new sod.

While there, I also was able to get the information mom needs for new tires and take her to the shop where she will get them ( When she gets around to it.) She has her own schedule for things and when she isn't ready or willing to do what needs to be done, it won't be done. Sounds like a lot of people in this world.

So back to the hot discussion. I have lived in MN now for 40 years and after visiting the HOT state of Texas, I am sooo thankful for MN. When I got off the airplane and was waiting for Bill to pick me up, I had to wear the new pink hoodie that Beth had bought me in Cape Cod and the cool, fresh air was wonderful. I love the temps and seasons up here, including the cold of winter. It is so much better than the HOT of Texas and all the other HOT states. Extreme HOT is NOT where I want to spend my life and I am sure heaven will be cool since the other place will be HOT! Gives me another reason for choosing to believe in Jesus! LOL Well, what do you think? Is heaven going to be cool?

1 comment:

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Martha, just browsing blogs, cause I have the time, and read this post. Well, honey, you can have your MN winters...you don't have to shovel heat! I'll take my 6 months of real heat over your 9 months of winter any way. Just kidding.....you know I love you my friend...hugs...Barb