Friday, July 3, 2009

HOME AGAIN


After going south for 10 of 11 winters and leaving Apple Valley, MN for Oshkosh, WI every other month for the last 10 months, I must say that "coming home to MN" just reaffirms my feelings that MN is home to me. We have lived here since 1968 and that is a long, long time in one area. We have had two homes here, raised our two children, spent 27+ years at Northwest Airlines and then retired. Our first home we had for 17 years and the second we have had for the last 23 (and still counting). Selling the RV and getting the condo has given us another stationary home. Bill is ready to move permanently, but I am not. I still have lots of sorting and cleaning and throwing and getting- ready-to-move things to do. And there is 40 years of stuff and memories I must conquer! And it is my personal challenge for this year and maybe the next. It didn't get "collected" in a short span of time and it won't get "uncollected" quickly. That would not be realistic for me. My mom said she had some matches but was only kidding, I think.

I hope you have been enjoying my flowers from the front of the condo in Oshkosh, WI. I wasn't in MN when the flowers here bloomed. Maybe I will catch them next year and preserve their existence in photos so that when we do move, I can look back and say, " That was where I used to live".

No comments: