Friday, November 13, 2009

EASEL CARD WITH STITCHING





Crazy4Challenges issued a challenge to make an easel card (#10)and I combined it with the stitching on C4C card challenge #5. I hope they don't mind I am combining some so that I can catch up. I am such a slow poke some days. But we had an early Thanksgiving dinner with family in Oshkosh this week, and that took a little time since I really cook everyday.



My easel card uses the same Paper Studio leaf paper I've used for my last 3 cards which I just love and may even make another card with it before I am finished. : ) I used the brown umber and then red as matting. On the card front I cut the leaf paper into quilt pieces and used faux stitching around the leaves and edges. I found cutting the quilting pieces to be difficult because they HAVE to line up to look correct. I tied on the red/orange sheer ribbon which goes so well with this paper. The sentiment is a long vertical one and I masked off the parts I didn't want for the top. and then for the rest on the bottom. Make sense? This is such a sweet sentiment, "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower". I matted "Autumn is a second spring" with umber, leaf paper and red behind the white CS, stamped with Momento black ink. I colored the oak leaves with Stampin Up markers and popped them up over their place on the card, and covered them with Glossy Accents.




The bottom of the card was covered with umber brown. I cut a strip of the red and added it over the brown. Then I cut a little smaller piece of the leaf paper and punched it on both sides with the Martha Stewart leaf punch. This provided the "stop" for the card front. The sentiment on the front is a little to the left on purpose and the other half of the sentiment on the bottom is centered to draw the eye from left to right. The bottom sentiment is also matted in umber brown, leaf print, red and the white CS that has the stamped last half of the sentiment. There are also colored oak leaves that are covered in Glossy Accents. I added three little stick-on nail heads in rust for a little bling. I really enjoyed making this style of card and hope to crank out a few more for Christmas before the new year rolls around. LOL Only42 shopping days till Christmas, and there are 48 days till 2010. I guess I'd better get busy since I take my sweet time! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your comments and encouragements.

7 comments:

Davi said...

Martha, Your card turned out beautiful. I love the bright ribbon and the piecing. Very pretty!!

Bethgun said...

I really like this one too - especially the way you framed the sentiment on the front. It really pops!

Beryl said...

Wow Martha - You've been busy since I last came here. The ohotos of your Grand-daughters are lovely. You must be very proud. I missed about a week blog hopping - life gets in the way sometimes and I'm still trying to I promise). I love the Autumnal theme you've been using - beautiful cards - all of them - and of course - the house mouse cards are just fabulous.
Beryl xx

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh this is just gorgeous! Love your dp and the beautiful bow that you added. Super job on the masking of the sentiment and your coloring is terrific. Aren't Easel Cards fun?

Ann said...

These are all beautiful Martha.
Ann x

Teresa Kline said...

Martha, your card is awesome...great design.

I wanted to let you know that the red card of mine that you commented on, the hearts are stamped and then I went over each one with glue and added chunky red glitter. All the stamps are from the Verve release, Verve stamps are my favorite, if you have not heard of them stop by the site and check them out. Thank you for stopping by and for the sweet comment. I hope you come back again.

Verve Stamps
http://shopverve.com/index.html


Have a very blessed day!

theneon said...

Hi there Martha -- Congratulations on winning Jacque's blog candy! You left her such a delightful comment, I had to come visit you -- and, there's another reason: I am a Martha too! I love your easel card the fall colors are so vivid -- it makes for a beautiful job!