Thursday, November 5, 2009

MORE MICE


I just LOVE my House Mouse stamps. They make me smile and giggle and lift my spirits as they play, and enjoy the day doing whatever mice do best, which is getting into everything.

I really like how this card turned out. The image is a bit "naughty" but gets across the idea of surprise. I have really liked this streamer/confetti printed paper for a long time because it has lots of colors so lends itself to different applications. I need to find some more to keep in my stash for when they quit making it.

I matted the two verticals and the image in lavender and dark purple. Before I matted the image I was going to do it as a rectangle but the slope of the image gave me the idea of fussy cutting it out on top and leaving the bottom squared off. And I think that turned out pretty well. Before I stuck anything down, I wanted to figure out where to put some ribbon or embellishments. While shopping at Hobby Lobby (Boy do I like to look around that store!), I found a striped wider ribbon that was wired. No, I have never used wired ribbon on a card but the colors were perfect. I cut a piece an inch wider than the card on either side and attached the ribbon with red double stick tape (that you can't move after it is down), on the outer side of the left rectangle. I placed it and then proceeded to tape the second rectangle, being careful that the ribbon was just long enough to go across the front of the card and would not have excess at the edge. The wire actually helped give the ribbon some stability and was left in. It took a little adjusting, but I got it down, and popped the matted image over the ribbon.

I did not have a stamp that said "surprise" so just hand-wrote my own and matted it with the two shades of purple. I added 3 tiny rhinestones at the right corner of the image and one for the dot of the "i" in the sentiment. On the inside it says, "Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday". And I am happy, happy, happy with it. Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek.

2 comments:

Davi said...

Martha, Love the colors of course purple... It is really cute the way you cut it out. Fun and makes you smile. Good Job GF

Barb Hardeman said...

Ohhhh! This is just so cute! What a cute image that is and you colored all those balloons!! The ribbon is just the perfect embellishment for this adorable card...