Wednesday, November 4, 2009

MORE LEAVES

I am NOT finished with Autumn yet. I have so many ideas for using leaves and some of the Autumn stamps I have. So bear with me as I play my way through my ideas. I promise I will be done before winter is officially here. LOL

I just finished up a BD card for Davi. Now I am going to admit that when I started it, I had no idea what I was going to do where or with what. I picked the leaf paper by Paper Studio and it had a cream background, so that required a cream card base which I normally don't use. But white just wasn't going to work!!! I then auditioned several solid colors of card stock for matting and chose to use the dark chocolate brown which accented the fall colors best. I decided to try out my new Martha Stewart leaf corner punch. It leaves a little border and punches out the maple leaf which then shows the matting underneath and leaves you with nice maple leaf cutouts to use somewhere else. : ) I wasn't sure where to go from here.

I stamped a few images and tried them out but nothing "rang my chimes". It took forever and I finally stamped a simple sentiment on a deep orange and matted it in a the dark brown and stuck it on the front. It needed something on the outside edges because I had cut the leaf paper a little short. I started adding some gold down the vertical edges. My pen malfunctioned and I wound up coloring in the gold leaving a small border of the deep chocolate brown. The gold really doesn't show the true color in the picture but it is all alomg the vertical edges. It might have been better if I had left the gold off and let the brown show down the sides. I just don't know! I couldn't even figure out where to put some ribbon or embellishments. It looked better in person but still lacking!!! I must have been in a fog or something. BUT it has been mailed and I am not sure what else I should have done or could have done different. But here's the picture and maybe you can suggest something so I can learn for next time. I welcome constructive criticism. Thanks for stopping by. Happy birthday early, Davi ! You ARE the best friend and SIS!

2 comments:

Davi said...

Dearest Martha, You are sooo funny. I think this card is wonderful and your love you put into it makes it even so special!!Thank you for your friendship and love!! love you Davi

Ann said...

I love the expressions on your little granddaughters faces, lovely.
Ann x