Wednesday, January 6, 2010

GETTIN' THERE SLOWLY


Well, the new shelves are up above my craft table and I have taken some items out of bins to put on the shelves in plain sight. : ) Gotta' see 'um to use "um, RIGHT? I put the Martha Stewart punches up, some of the odd items I use often, my Cuttlebug and paper cutters. I am having a difficult time deciding where to put all the different embellishments, whether to separate them into groups (jewels, rhinestones, dots, brads, stickers, flowers, Stickles and glitter and so much more). Or should I just label one drawer in the cube "Embellishments" and be happy with it. I know I do have to label where everything is because I won't remember at first. I might even have to make a map! LOL So I keep moving forward with the organization of MY area. It is the first time in 44 years of marriage I have had a real, sit down craft area that didn't involve food crumbs and moving place mats at the table to get a clean, flat space to create. 'Bout time wouldn't you say?

I have so many stamps acquired over the last few years, that I know I will not have a good place to see them, but I plan to at least organize them into subjects...flowers, seasons, animals, Oriental, backgrounds, sayings, etc. Then I can find something to use when I need it, I am sure I have enough to keep on creating for a long time.

Weather is cold but very little new snow since the first part of Dec. I took the grand daughters to see the new Chipmunk movie yesterday and when we got lunch at McD's, they are giving chipmunk character toys in the Happy Meal. They were so excited!

I will try to get some cards going for some of the challenges I have missed. I seem to create in "spurts" between hanging shelves, taking care of the grand daughters, and cats...oh and hubby too. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Beryl said...

Wow Maertha - just how many Martha Stewart punches have you got? Congrats on getting your own designated crafting space up and running. It looks brilliant. I know I owe you a letter - meant to do it today and got waylaid. Can't do it now as I'm on the laptop (e mail account on desktop). Will try tomorrow.
Beryl xx

Ann said...

wow Martha
Ann x

Krissia said...

Very nice!!! Everything looks very organized. I am so glad you finally got a sit down area where you will be able to create wonderful things... You certainly are great artist. I love handcrafts too, I got that talent from you :) Love you mami Martha.