Monday, January 11, 2010

WINTER FROGS

I know my title is cryptic. I wanted to do a card with dots as requested a week ago by the C4C group. The only "dot" paper I found that I thought was interesting had greens, teal, a dusty grey-blue, and were organized in concentric circles all over the paper. It cried out to me "Frogs, frogs!" (Honestly!) I found the three frogs stacked one on another and liked it and then because it is still winter in lovely WI, I decided to make it also reflect the current season...winter! I thought a lot about where I wanted to go with my chosen card theme, and in between organizing my craft area some more, I worked a little-at-a-time on it. I think I am finished with the card, but who knows...I may go back and add some bling to the snowflake shapes.

My circle paper is K& Company Girl Scout in teal. My CS matting is two shades of green, the darker being "forest" and the lighter one I must have peeled the sticker off at some point. : ( I tied a big green striped ribbon on the card front before sticking it down. I left the wire in the edges, and folded the ribbon in half so more of the image would show. The pink and yellow matched the frogs bellys perfectly in color. I stamped the image on white, colored with SU markers just like the top of the stamp, and used my MS snowflake border to punch the vertical edges. The word "winter" was done in SU marker ink, Always Artichoke, using a Little Classic Rubber Stamps mini Dots alphabet on pegs. (Those things are not easy to line up but I love the look.) I had just used the cut off portion of the white that had the snowflake on either end. I LIKE to use my scraps if possible. Inside I stamped the word "FROG" in Always Artichoke and wrote "getaboutit" to coin my own word "frog-getaboutit" in reference to the winter. I know it is a stretch but it made me laugh and I hope it tickles your funny bone too.

I think I am going back for more of the shoe box-sized bins in anticipation of getting some Copics this year. (Did you see my Copics blinkie I just got and added to my sidebar? Happy, Happy! ) My BD is in March and our 45th anniversary is the end of May. Sounds like a great time to give a really nice present, HUH? I had wanted some unique storage for the Copics, but will be happy with the bins. I can always use them for other storage needs.

I put up a copy of my Copic certificate to remember the fun I had taking the all day class. This was just a black/white copy but I added some color with pinks, and greens and purples and gave it a purple CS frame. Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Hi Martha! Your frog card is adorable and I love a card that gives me a chuckle! Great coloring of the frogs too! thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your very kind comments! It's very much appreciated! hugs!

Beryl said...

Gret frog card Martha. Love that bp too.
Beryl xx

Davi said...

Martha, this card turned out soooo cute. Love those froggies. Your card making area is just fabulous!! All the room you have and so organized. You are going to be the creation queen sis!!! ps I do not like that little word thingy you put on here~~

Krissia said...

Hi! Beautiful card mami!!
Wish you were here to help me make a card for Ruben's birthday next february 2nd.I love original cards. maybe you can give me some ideas... love you !!!

Beryl said...

Hi Martha. Just a quick note to say that the Cuttlebug embossing folder you likes is called the Textile folder. Thanks for your lovely cmments on my blog.
Bery xx

Beryl said...

Hi Martha, I'm on the laptop at the moment and have found the leaf punch. It's called a Leone EM Ash leaf punch.
http://www.art-of-craft.co.uk/acatalog/Leone_Em_Floral_Punches.html
You can have a look at it on this link but I'm sure you should be able to get it over there now you know the name.
Beryl xx

Beryl said...

You can enter any challenge from any part of the world Martha. We have entrants from the USA, Israel,Eaurope and Austrslis to name but a few for most of the challenges over here. There are only a few challenges - like the WOJ and Magnolia ones where you have to use their products. For most challenges - Bah Humbug included - you can use anhything in your stash.
Hugs
Beryl xx

Beryl said...

You may still be there Martha but the link you put with the post doesn't work so I don't know what you were going to tell us. Had some great news today. I won a voucher to spend at Simon Says Stamp on one of the challenges. I think I may be going for a Wizard small border die but not sure yet.
Hugs
Beryl xx