Wednesday, May 25, 2011

GIRLFRIEND

Here is a cute Changito monkey image from Stampendous that I made up using the "amiga" stamp (friend which ends in a...so it means girlfriend!) Stampendous has a whole bunch of really cute monkey stamps doing different things. Both stamps were from Hobby Lobby in Texas and were in their sale bin! Woohoo! I love their sales when they have good stuff 40% off.

First, I will direct you back a few cards where I told you I had used my Martha Stewart Wild Flower punch on the edge of a card, and then made a stencil by punching it on an extra strip. WELL, what you see at the bottom of this card is that stencil! Card makers are savers and use whatever works to make a card pretty. It looks like the monkey has swooped down over the flowers and picked a bouquet for you!

I ran the darkest green background through my Cuttlebug and dry embossed the Sizzix folder "Vines" on it, used the corner rounder on all four corners. Then I used the Cuttlebug and my new Spellbinders labels 17 to cut the lighter green with one size and the monkey with the next smaller sized die. The monkey image is colored with Copics and I added three white pearls for the centers of the purple flowers. I stamped the "Amiga" stamp with Momento black, used the smallest label 17 die to cut it out and just rubbed the edges with green ink from the green Copic I used on the upper part. It is such a cheerful color combination. Pinks and greens are one of my favorites and this image is perfect for someone living in Costa Rica where they have monkeys in the jungles. This image also can be used for a variety of card types and brings a smile to whomever will receive it. Hope you enjoyed my card creation. Thanks

1 comment:

Davi said...

Martha how cute this card is. That little monkey and the pretty border are so perfect together.