Friday, May 20, 2011

RAK's

Occasionally you run across really nice people who do not mind showing it! I recently bought a stamp set off of Ebay and the seller said it was "gently used" but did not show the rubber side of the stamps in the set. When they arrived, they were all different colors of red down to pink and some were heavily stained and had not been cleaned. The lightest pink ones looked like they had been cleaned with a harsh chemical and the rubber looked dried and not supple. I was disappointed and wrote and told her that I felt she had listed it incorrectly and I would not have bid had I seen the condition of the rubber. She was kind and refunded all the cost and the shipping and said to keep the set. She wanted to make it right and I wrote and told her how kind she was and that she had "good customer service". I also said I would test the stamps and if they did not stamp very well, then I would look for a replacement.

But before I could test the first set, she wrote and said she had found me a good replacement and mailed it to me free of charge. AND she sent another really cute country doll angel stamp with it. That just blew me away, and I told her she had far exceeded anyones expectations. I was most appreciative not to have to hunt myself for it and told her so in an email. I made this card for her, added $5 for the second stamp set and gave her my assurance that I would continue to shop with her and give her good feedback. She was totally surprised by my card and said I did not need to pay for anything. It is nice to deal with nice people in this world and it puts a smile on your face.

The white card base was punched along the front with the Martha Stewart deep punch called Wild Flower border. I punched a second one on a scrap of white and then stenciled the flowers up the front through the holes in that piece onto the card front using markers. I stamped the country doll angel by D.O.T.S on a separate piece of white CS. and colored it with Copics and cut it out. I used purple Spica glitter pen on her shoes, the pattern in her dress and on the heart. I popped her up and added a hand cut heart to write the Thank You on, which I wrote with the purple Spica and outlined with black. I think she turned out pretty cute.

2 comments:

Ann said...

That was kind of you both Martha.
Just before last christmas I put a CD on to Ebay to sell it was one i did not play very much and managed to sell it. Well !!! when i went to the usual place in the bedroom where I kept the things i sold on Ebay it wasn't there! I looked everywhere and couldn't find it at all. I emailed her to say do not pay me as I have lost it, but she paid me, I refunded the money and felt so bad I had lost the cd that I searched the "net" to find her a new one which I did and had it sent to her......free of charge etc.....did she let me know if she got it? did she heck! I even emailed her to ask if she had received the new I one I had arranged for her, again no reply.I was very annoyed at that, all it would take was a thank you. Then a about 3 weeks ago I was looking for photographs in a box from the loft and what did I find in there???? the original CD! how the heck it got in there is a mystery. Again I emailed her.....but nothing..

Davi said...

A sweet card for thanking her for going above and beyond. Its nice to let people know that their kindness is appreciated.