Thursday, May 28, 2009

I LOVE A PARADE


Monday I went with Jodi, Emma and Matti to watch the Memorial Day Parade in Appleton, WI right in front of Jodi's moms house. We sat up our
chairs, had coffee and a donut and watched the parade pass by. Emma and Matti each had a flag to wave and they both loved the bands in their marching regalia. Matti especially liked the flag girls and waved her flag trying to look like them. Emma said she liked the drums. It also had lots of Veterans groups and firemen with their big fire trucks, military vehichles with reserve members in them, police, scouts and various dignitaries. I particularly liked the man on a replica of the original wooden bicycle. The wheels were wood and flat, and it was amazing. Next time I will get a picture to show you.

I have on my craft table a BD gift, a Father's Day card, and a Thank You note. So will keep working until I finish and have something to share.

The top two pictures are of the grand daughters at the parade. They are growing so fast. Emma is in the patriotic hat and Matti is working on her donut wearing her bicycle helmet. I don't know who that old lady is in the picture! Heehee! The other young lady in the sun hat with the donut is my favorite "chocoholic", Jodi. Those were some really good donuts. Thank You Grandma Patti. That was a very nice treat.

No comments: