Sunday, May 31, 2009

LAYERS



Have you ever thought of your life as being layers? I just came to this realization! I am sure it is not a new thought and must have been thought about millions of times by millions of other people. But it is fairly new to me.

As babies, we learn new skills almost daily, and those "layers" become farther and farther apart in time as we grow older. But as young teens learning to make decisions, we are still creating layers and as young adults...what education to try for, what job to apply for, whom to marry, where to live, where to go to church and who is master of our life is all part of that continued layering.

Have you ever thought about the decisions you have made and if you had made just one of them differently...where you might be today because of it? I look back at 67 years, and 44 years of marriage and making decisions and wonder that very question. I don't regret the major decisions I have made. I have a wonderful husband, two wonderful grown children, two beautiful grand daughters. Those I am proud of and cherish. Some of my other, simple decisions maybe I could have done differently and had a different turn in my life or a different outcome.

But what is...IS and we must not look back. I like the saying, "The past is passed, and the future is to hope and prepare for, and today is THE PRESENT, a gift from God and the only thing we can do anything about." I am so blessed in my "present" and may I never take it for granted. My Thank You card was made for a fundraiser auction. It has a red flourish with some red Stickles for bling, a scalloped circle punch, a small dot punch, a double slot punch for the sheer red ribbon to run through and all popped up on a red designer paper which has the corners rounded. WOW, four different punches on one card! A record for me, I think.

1 comment:

Barb Hardeman said...

I'm so far behind in checking your blog. So going back a ways...your flowers are gorgeous! How beautiful, and what an awesome way to welcome your friends and family. Your Mother's Day card is so pretty. I just know your mom was very appreciative of your taking the time to make her something special. THIS card is really awesome. I love your rounded corners being a balance to your scalloped circle. Great job...