Thursday, September 17, 2009

ENCOURAGEMENT



We all need some encouragement from time to time to get us over the rough spots in our lives. I had not thought of myself as being "gifted" as an encourager, but I do have a "don't give up" attitude which I guess you can say falls on the positive side of attributes.

My friend Emiline fell out of her bath tub and was in such pain and they couldn't find the problem. Xrays didn't show anything but after 3 weeks and not being able to put weight on her left leg, they finally did an MRI and found two fractures to her pelvis.

I felt she needed some encouragement and so made this card for her. I also made a duplicate for my Mom because I thought it would make her smile and lift her spirits too. She is 88 yrs young and going through grief over the loss of her husband.

So I guess I am an encourager sometimes. We all need to practice lifting each other up in spirit, and in prayer to the Lord. So no matter the circumstances, there is a bright side to everything. We have to search for what God is trying to teach us or show us about ourselves.

For those who make cards. the baby orangutan image is PSX E-1160 from 1999, the sentiment is The Cottage Stamper, H 672. The corner punch is a Marvy scalloped corner used on the white, and the CS colors are black, white, solid green and a small leaf patterned single sheet paper purchase from Hobby Lobby. I used off-white cotton yarn for the knotted string. Inside is the sentiment "Just to let you know you're in my thoughts today" by Hero Arts 2004.

No comments: