Monday, September 28, 2009

SYMPATHY


I was so excited to see the Crazy 4 Challenges group started. Since I had to visit my 88 year old mom in TX the first 10 days of Sept, I was unable to participate in the challenge right away. But I am trying to catch up and now have a Sympathy card for the C4C1.

My base card is white, and I used a My Mind's Eye print from their Simply Delightful pad for the background and matted in peach. I cut a stip of the peach to go horizontally and used the Martha Stewart Lattice Arch punch on both horizontal edges to make my own "lace". I then added a 1/4" brown ribbon with a bow using Wal-Mart ribbon that has loops along both edges.

The circles were harder for me to accomplish. We divide our time between our home in MN and a condo in Oshkosh, WI where our son, his wife and two grand daughters live. I am not able to bring ALL of my stamping equipment back and forth every other month. So I try to bring the basics and a few punches, inks, etc to get by for a month. I have nice big punches but did not bring anything "round" this trip. SOOO, being the creative person I am and "Necessity being the mother of invention", I went to my pantry and pulled out three cans, matching them up so that there was about a 3/8th" border between each. The small tomato sauce can, the condensed milk can, and the tuna can worked! I used the sharp blade of my little scissors and scored the card stock of each using the cans as templates. They almost could be punched out but I did have to cut them out a little. I am describing all this to say that you can get by with out fancy tools and machines that do everything but make dinner. It just requires a little ingenuity. I used chocolate chip and peach to mat the white center and stamped with Momento black my sympathy message from Paper Inspirations 2005.

I also cut out some of the little flowers from the DP and added some jewels for the centers. Inside I stamped "May the comfort of God's love fill you with hope and peace" from Stampabilities.

I hope you enjoy my card. I have only done one other challenge and am new to it. Come along and join in and make new friends. It is FUN!

No comments: