Monday, September 28, 2009

PRAYER

I am submitting this as my card for the C4C2 Challenge and for the Stampin Sisters in Christ DT Call.

Prayer, a necessity for every Christian. So many times in our lives we just don't know what to say or what to do to encourage and lift up another who is grieving, hurting, and facing such hurdles in their lives that seem insurmountable. We have the power of prayer and as the card says, it is often the only "gift " we can give another. And it should be the first thing we say or give them.

I chose to do Cindy Haffners sketch from Crazy4Challenges2 for my card. It is pretty simple looking but I learned sometimes simplicity is harder than covering everything with 15 layers , 6 embellishments and a huge bow.

My card has a white base, SU Chocolate Chip and Tempting Turquoise for the mats. The top squares are a turquoise print from My Minds Eye called Bohemia-Damask Teal. After cutting the squares and trying to layer them straight (my GRRR moment), I used Versa Mark to add an SU flourish from Baroque Motifs and glittered with Martha Stewarts turquoise glitter. The glitter looked great but as I turned each piece over to add the dot-runner adhesives, the glitter rubbed off on my paper towel. So I went to plan B and used a Paper Crafts Pin Point roller glue pen and drew all the flourishes over and glittered again and it stuck. Whew! The image is from Embossing Arts '93 "Sometimes prayer..." that I bought on ebay. I used the same SU Chocolate chip and Tempting Turquoise ink for matting the image. I used the SU ticket punch on the corners of the image and added flat Color Box turquoise metal dots to the cut-outs on the corners. I used a sheer white ribbon from Wal-Mart and tied a bow. I used pop dots to raise the center square up over the ribbon.

One of the surprises of this card is that the four squares being separated a little from each other created the shape of a cross : ) and that made me very happy. After all, we are to be a witness in all we do, and say, and think. We are citizens of another kingdom and our Heavenly Fathers children. What a wonderful family we belong to and we need to share His love in every way we can. Prayer Works!

5 comments:

StampOwl said...

fabulous card, thanks for playing with the C4C gals

Kristine said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love the sentiment and the idea of making your whole card look like a present!! Wonderful! :)

MiamiKel said...

Wow, this is fantastic!! I just did a double take as I used nearly the same layout this week! GMTA :)
Best wishes with your DT call!!

Trish D said...

Beautiful card! I really love the way you colored the sentiment - and prayer really *IS* the most precious gift we can give...

Kristine said...

I know I already commented on this, but I'm going back through our players today and this just really stands out to me. I LOOOOVE the whole idea of the "GIFT" and your blue sparkle all over it is just GOREGOUS!! :)

Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges!! :)