Saturday, October 3, 2009

GOD IS...



SHEESH! I am such a turtle in getting my cards made! I have worked on this one card ALL week. No, I don't work outside the home, and NO I don't have a bunch of progeny to care for all day (unless you consider my three cats and DH as progeny.) I am a 67 yr old ROMP ( retired, old, married, person ) and I just made that up! LOL

My card for C4C3 evolved from the NEW and WONDERFUL Basic Grey Indian Summer CS. I love all the prints and decided to use the Autumn Glaze print. I remembered a background stamp I had purchased a few years ago from SU called Leafy Glade and the leaves in it looked similar to the CS and also a Martha Stewart leaf spray punch I used to punch the brown leaves. I had to go to my local Archivers and find the right shade of golden yellow CS to do the embossing with Zing Copper glitter Ep. For matting and solid CS, I used a Bazill brown, rust (Saltillo), and golden yellow called Peanut Butter (Honest!) I added a length of sheer orange/red ribbon vertically and put the three golden jewels in the upper right corner. I just didn't like them under the sentiment.

The sentiment is from SU called Strength and Refuge. I only stamped the first two words in SU chocolate chip ink on my little home made tag in rust. The rust CS had a woven texture but the "God is..." stamped clearly. I added the brown leaves and the golden yellow paper flowers from Michaels. Inside I finished the sentiment which is a Scripture from Psalms 46:1,2. The card base might have been better if I had used a cream CS. but I softened the edges with Tsukinekos "Wheat' Dew Drop ink.

Thanks Cindy for wonderful layouts for these first four. I will try my best to keep up now that I have caught up (almost!) These four have all included brown in some way and I am stretching my artistic experiences. I almost never use brown, or wear it. So this is a "Good thing", right!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Davi said...

Yipee you did it!! Very nice colors and layout. good job. :)