Wednesday, October 28, 2009

RESTING


Because our lives are hurried most days, it is good to relax and have down time, when we let go of our worries, cares, and responsibilities. Trying to find time is often difficult. Finding TAG time (Time Alone with God) is a struggle, too. We hear of those really good Christians who get up early to pray and read the Word to "set the sails for their day". This would be ideal as this act of faith bathes the whole day with the Spirit. We are fresh and rested and our hearts can "hear" the leading of the Holy Spirit better than when we are at the end of our day and maybe at the end of our rope. Our worries weigh us down more in the evening, and it is harder to muster up the Hope we have in Jesus. When we give Him the "leftovers" of our time, and maybe none at all, we are robbing Him of our friendship and we rob ourselves of His presence. We are not offering Him the "first fruits" of our time. We would get up early to get the kids to school, to make a flight, to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving, etc. Yet having a sustained intimate relationship with our Lord is so hard for us to accomplish. I struggle with it and I know others do too. "I know to do right and doeth it not."

We are called to "rest in Jesus" which gives us peace as only He can give. So I encourage all to find/make time to be with the Creator, the one who sustains us, provides for us, and who loves us more than we will ever know or understand.

My little card is a Penny Black Hedgie stamp. (I apologize for the out-of-focus image. I will try to redo that!) I painted this one using my Twinkling H2O's. In side it says "Have a wonderful day!" and that is my prayer for you, that you be blessed by God.

1 comment:

Beryl said...

I love reading your thoughts Martha. I don't know if I could ever express myself so eloquently - as you do.
This gorgeous image makes a really beautiful card. Fabulous.
Beryl xx