Wednesday, October 14, 2009

FALL HOUSE MOUSE


My card is a House Mouse fall image. These little critters are having so much fun and I thought it would make a great birthday card. I colored the image with SU markers (I don't have Copics YET!)I mounted the image a little off center on purpose. I used Umber and red CS for mounting. I fussy-cut the top row of mice out because I didn't like the look of white sky. I am not sure I like the red "sky" but it is as it is.

I used three colors of embossing powder on the leaves ( Zing copper glitter finish, red Embossing Tinsel, and Goddess Gold Embossing powder by Antique Gold) I also embossed the little word "Celebrate" in the red. The sparkle of the embossing powder does not show up in the picture as well as in real life. I wrapped a piece of orange/red (it has two colors) sheer ribbon around before mounting and tied a bow. I added a shiny gold leaf brad to the saying and popped it up by the bow. Inside I stamped "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" in red using a wood mounted stamp but it has no name at all on it. So I have no clue.

The mice are coated with Fun Flocking in brown and feel so real. I guess that is why I have such a huge collection of House Mouse stamps. Their antics are so cute and make me smile every time I see them. I brought over some Christmas-themed House Mouse stamps with me this trip to the condo, so be looking for some of them in the next few months.

1 comment:

Beryl said...

I lopve the idea that these mice are actually 'wearing ' the leaves. It's such a lovely composition and will make someone very happy.
Beryl xx