Wednesday, October 28, 2009

SIMPLE AND ELEGANT


My card for this challenge (from a few weeks ago and I don't even remember who's challenge it was) is a simple black and white with red as an accent. I used a solid fleur de lis stamp by Hampton Arts, stamped in versa mark and sprinkled with red tinsel embossing powder. I then took a clear stamp set of fleur de lis that has three different fleurs and each is in three different sizes. It came from Hobby Lobby and was a bargain for sure. Using Momento ink, I stamped different fleurs around making my own black and white CS. I used the SU ticket punch on the corners of this CS and matted in black only but I made it almost 1/4" wide. I added the shiny flat dots at the corners (but they don't show up! Grrr) I stamped "You're the best" with a red tinsel line under "best" and matted in black and popped it up. I didn't use any ribbons, or other embellishments or multi layers of matting because I wanted to keep it simple. LESS IS MORE (and cheaper too!) Inside it says "When I count my blessings, I count you twice" and it is from Stampabilities 2004. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Beryl said...

This is so beautiful and elgeant Martha. Love it.
Beryl xx

Bethgun said...

I like this one, Mom. Seems like black and white with a pop of color is all the rage - showing up in decorating schemes that I see in magazines too. Where's the haircut picture? Can't wait to see it.

PS, my word verifications was "diett"...is blogger trying to tell me something? :-)

Davi said...

Martha, I like the background you made its really nice with the pop of red!