Saturday, March 20, 2010

EASEL CARD

My Belated Birthday card is my card for Color Throw Down #84 using colors taken with teal, black, sky blue and tangerine tango.

The recipe is:
Stamps: Stamp in Up flower cart, Stampin Up message
Inks: Memento black, Stampin Up black writer, Stampin Up Water Color wonder crayons
Punches: Martha Stewart hydrangea border, Marvy Uchida notched corner (or notched scallop)
Card stock: white base, Bazzill Basics in Island Breeze, Cyan Cover, Tropical Breeze
Stickles: Frosted lace
Ribbon: Archivers

Having used two shades of teal and a light blue, I felt I covered that part of the challenge. My tangerine/red flowers and the black outlines and ink are my part for the rest. It surely is a brightly colored image and I added color to the message to coordinate with the flowers. The rest of how I put it together is easy peasy. I did pop the watering can, the pot of red tulips and the basket of purple flowers up for dimensional perspective. I also used the C3 Copic to add shadows in various places on the cart and under it. Since the recipient doesn't speak much English, I added the Spanish word "celebrar" (celebrate) to the upper right corner. Thanks for taking a peek.

7 comments:

Broni said...

What beautiful detail on this card! Thanks for playing along with us in the Throwdown!

Beryl said...

Martha - this is fabulous. Love the vibrant colours on the flower cart and the extra decoupaged pieces.Great work.
Beryl xx

Davi said...

Martha, I love your card!! The colors are beautiful and your popped up pieces are great!! The hydrangea punch is a perfect compliment.

Ann said...

I can see a lot of work has gone into these beautiful cards Martha, I am sure they will/were well received.

your friend Ann

Krissia said...

Mami, the cards are great!!! my parents will love them for sure... I almost make me cry when I read what you wrote about me,I think the privilege was for me... You are a bless for me and my family.
I will always love you mami!!!
I miss you so much too
You are amazing!!!Nené really liked you.

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh my goodness! This is just wonderful. Your colors are so vibrant and delicious. Aren't these Easel Cards fun? You did a beautiful job...

Ann said...

Thank you for popping over to my blog Martha, guess what arrived just now? yehhhhhhh my Joanna Sheen goodies, may be able to play with them over the Easter weekend.
enjoy your Easter holiday with the family
Ann x