Wednesday, March 24, 2010

SEASONS







What is it about spring that makes us so happy? I have heard all sorts of comments recently that allude to how horrible winter is, and how most people hate it and they can't wait for spring to arrive! With the swell of population in the Sun Belt states, a whole lot of people put feet to their negative feelings about winter and live permanently where the temperatures are more moderate.

For me winter is a necessary passage of time to have a wonderful spring. The trees need to sleep for the winter to regather their energies to make more leaves to shade me. The bulbs need to have cold conditions to be able to raise their colorful faces to greet me. We NEED cold/cooler temps to make us appreciate the warmth when it gets here. GOD knew when HE created the seasons that we NEED them all to sustain us, just as we NEED HIM to sustain us through the different stages and seasons of our lives. The seasons give variety and color, and rest. I am reminded of Scripture that tells us not to "take thought for tomorrow!" We are not to be upset or worry about what is to come. TODAY is the PRESENT and we are to walk with GOD, ask HIM to show us where HE is working around us, and join HIM in His plan. That is what gives true happiness and inner peace and the seasons no longer become the focal point of our lives. THANK YOU HEAVENLY FATHER FOR ALL THE THINGS YOU HAVE GIVEN US! May we love you more than ourselves.
(L: Wild strawberries, R: Woodland Violets,
L: Front flower bed with tulips, grape hyacinths and other perennials, R: pink Rhododendron, White flowering crab with our house behind it, Pink flowering crab with the neighbors house behind it.)

3 comments:

Ann said...

Wow absolutely stunning Martha, oh I feel I REAlLY know you now.
These are lovely photographs of your house and garden. Just lovely.
Ann x

Beryl said...

These photos are beautiful Martha. Your house and garden look wonderful. I always think that spring is the best seaon of all. It lifts my spirits every year.
Beryl xx

scrappinpeg said...

Oh my gosh these trees are just absolutely GORGEOUS! They favor a cherry tree. I love those blooms. LUCKY YOU! I too love to get my hands dirty and play in my slower beds.
I hope you get to read this post. I noticed on Barb's blog you commented about her stitching. Could you send me a link for patterns from:
Patsicrafts in England
Oh how I'd love to try some of the patterns for my Magnolias!

thanks Peggy
peggy.biggs@att.net