Wednesday, March 16, 2011

GRAND DAUGHTERS BD CARDS


This week is a busy one. Today was Matti's 5th BD. We picked her up and let her pick lunch...Surprise! surprise! We ate at McDonalds but she did get chicken nuggets for a change. She took cupcakes for her daycare classmates and had a BD crown with 5 candles on it. She was very excited and energetic today. Please note the relaxed photo of Matti as she plays Angry Birds on the Touch. She loves that game! And what about those orange socks! She is a fashionista some days and Jack is noticing them too.

I worked on a card for her and her big sister whose BD is 4 days away. I looked through my stamps and decided to make them a card alike but with the different ages of their BD on it. The Penny Black image of a hedgie opening a gift in three littlescenes works wonderfully. The gift box opens and out comes a balloon. I popped the balloon up and put a 5 on it for Matti and a 6 on Emma's. They both like pink and purple but I used two shades of pink for the matting. I found a black paper with pink streamers (and other colors) and white confetti and it all tied together. I covered the balloon with Glossy Accents. I stamped a small sentence that says "Happy Birthday! It's your day to celebrate." above the image. I added three little pink tile accents in the upper left corner. Inside it says "Hip, Hip, Hooray!" in pinks. It turned out pretty cute but is longer than a normal card. I may have to use those business envelopes again, but they won't care. Here is Emma blowing out her candles. She asked for a strawberry cake and the one her mom made was delicious. Here is a closeup of her card hedgie. Happy Birthday to our wonderful grand daughters! Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

So fun to see your granddaughters! March is a special month for your family---wink wink!

Beryl said...

Super photos and a fab card. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Beryl xx