Wednesday, March 16, 2011

LONG CARD

I wanted to make a long card that would fit into a business envelope...I don't know why! I just wanted to try it. It creates some challenges that smaller cards do not have. I had planned to enter this also for the Colour Q challenge but did not get it posted in time. So I will show it to all 7 of you who read my blog.

I absolutely love this Scripture stamp. It says so much for all of us. The white curly line is the place where the card opens. That is the new Stampin Up punch that I used on the card base edge. Then I covered the top fold and the bottom fold with black, leaving the punched edge showing on both.. It took a bit of measuring and trial and error in placement of the tiles to get everything to line up as I wanted. The tiles were cut out, had one corner nipped with a punch, positioned so that each nipped corner is placed in a different direction. I also over stamped the tiles and the scripture with a flourish and Tim Holtz Old Papers distressed ink. I cut the scripture with my Cuttlebug and the lacey circle Spellbinder, matted with a classic circle in turquoise, and the yellow is a large scalloped circle and all three popped up on the top. The rose is just a white punched circle that I tore in a spiral and then wound around a thin tool I have for Quilling. I rolled some of the edges and added the Martha Stewart punched leaves. Inside I left it blank to write a long note instead of just sending a sentiment. Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Awesome card, Martha! I love the black background with the bright colored squares. The SU punched opening really stands out well. The scripture in the center is, without doubt, beautiful! Love the snow pictures - we didn't get a single flake this year - I guess we've got Global warming while you are in the middle of a small Ice Age!! LOL
Glad to have had our little visit today, though things at my end were a little harried!
Love you,
Barb

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Martha! I love making long cards occasionally...you can fit so much more on them! Lovely scripture, too!

Bethgun said...

I like the tiled look on this one, Mom. Great job!

Davi said...

I like the colored decorator squares and how the pop on the black. They really show the scripture off so beautifully!! Great job my friend. :)

Beryl said...

Ooh Martha - how totaly different and fabulous too. The tiles are placed so perfectly (so much patience required there I should think) and such a great design.
Beryl xx