Monday, March 21, 2011

MY SPECIAL DAY

It isn't every day a person lives to be 69 years old. I feel privileged to have made it this far. So many do not for a variety of reasons. I feel blessed to have my almost 46 yr marriage to Bill who shares the ups and downs of each day with me, my family of a wonderful mother, sister, and our children, Beth and Bill, daughter-in-law, our grand daughters and all those special people I call "friend"! My life is rich upon this old ball of dirt. I feel MOST blessed because when I was a teen, I met Jesus and asked Him to forgive my sins and to come into my heart, having the Holy Spirit to dwell in me and guide me since. I am not perfect or always made the right decisions during my journey thus far. But I know whose I am and where I will be when my life is over. I may have to endure some difficulties with my present joint health and need for replacements coming up. But I know He is with me through what comes and will sustain me. And I am content in Him. May God bless each one as you seek to know Him personally and follow Him in service. This is my prayer for all.

The above paragraph was written last night. I awoke today to a gray day and every kind of weather that you can imagine...except SUN! We have had rain, sleet, snow, ice pellets and every form in between. The roads are getting slippery, as well as the sidewalks and even the house. We can hear it hitting the aluminum siding and windows and it is scaring the cats a bit.

Today we went to Bill's appointment with the pulmonary doctor and he said Bill's 5 hour test was good. His oxygen level is improving but he does have a "paralyzed diaphragm" on the right side. We think it was due to the shingles he had when Chaka was sick and had to be put down. That was a time that was hard on both of us. But he is OK for now. We went to Cost Cutters and he got his fave buzz haircut for $10 and then onto Appleton for me. Archivers called and had the EK Success flower punch I had been waiting for. I also got some Flower Soft to try, some gold Embossing Powder and some extra sheets of pretty card stock. We stopped at the Wal-mart up there and we had lunch at Qdobas. Then headed home. We went to the movie "Lincoln Lawyer" which we had heard in an audio book. It was good and we enjoyed ourselves.

I did make a 50th Anniversary card for a friend of mine at church. I will post it after I give it to her on Thursday.

All in all...the cards, the phone calls, the gifts, the activities, all made up my special day and sharing it with Bill was the best. Thanks everyone who remembered me and Thanks honey. I love you forever!

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

I have been thinking of you all day, I am glad to hear it was a good one! ♥♥
LeAnne

Beryl said...

I'm back and trying to catch up with e mails, blogs and hohsework. The crocus image you commented on was just an iage printed from a CD - no colouring involved. I just cut it out and mounted it onto a piece of yellow card that had been cut with some fancy scissors.
Beryl xx