Wednesday, March 16, 2011

LITTLE BUTTERFLIES



I had another idea for the Colour Q challenge last week. I took a white panel, ran it through the CB and texturized it with some leaves and vines. I matted it in black after nipping the corners with a punch. I took the colors from the challenge (daffodil yellow, pumpkin pie, and baja breeze) and punched the Martha Stewart pop up butterflies border out of a 1/2 inch strip of each. I scattered the butterflies over the vines and leaves. I cut out a buckle type CB tag in black, cut a center out of turquoise and stamped "Thanks" on it. I used yellow satin ribbon and red double stick tape to stick it all together. The Thanks tag is popped up and also has a couple of butterflies added. For bling, I put a small orange rhinestone on each of the pumpkin pie butterflies. Pretty simple and almost CAS.






Using the punched out 1/2" strips leftovers, I layered them across another card and left a 1/4 " space of white between. On another leftover piece of white, I stamped the individual words of "ON", "YOUR", "SPECIAL", "DAY" in black Momento and punched them each out with the SU slot punch. For the short words, I adhered a thin strip onto the word after doing one end, and then did the other end. That is how I got the different sizes out of one punch which is about 1 1/4" long. I also added some Stickles to some of the butterflies on the front and the ones on the bookmark Inside the card, it says Happy Birthday and I used all three colors of ink to stamp. I added a few more butterflies and a book mark as a keepsake. I stamped the Scripture Numbers 6:24-25 in black Momento, punched the white corners on the top layer of the bookmark with a decorative punch and matted in yellow and turquoise. I added a ribbon tie. This card is for a friend at church. Her BD is the same as my oldest grand daughter and she is always so friendly to me and made me feel welcomed. I think she will be surprised. Happy Birthday, Lovelie (That is her real name! She is from Haiti.)

So with this post and the previous one, I have three cards using the colors from the Colour Q challenge last week and they are all fairly different. That is in itself a challenge. Maybe next time I will get busy and post them in a timely fashion. Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Bethgun said...

I love the bookmark with the little butterflies...very cute, Mom!

Davi said...

Very pretty Martha...the fun butterflies on the embossing and the great layered bookmark is perfect! :)

Barb Hardeman said...

Martha this is so pretty! I love what you did with the butterflies on the embossed vines! The strips on the card are perfect and the matching bookmark is a delight! Gorgeous work...hugs...Barb

Beryl said...

Three super cards showing how versatile those punches and the colours used are.
Beryl xx