Sunday, December 20, 2009

OLD FRIENDS


Recently I was able to spend a wonderful 4 hour "lunch" with two friends from high school. Jim Bailey sat two seats ahead of me in home room and has always been a good friend and a great servant to others. He was my "JB taxi" this trip down to TX to see my elderly mom. Thanks so much, Jim. You are a sweetie pie! Frani Bickley was a neighborhood friend and we visited each others homes. I can still remember her lovely mom and dad. As we ate the great Mexican food served at Los Barrios, and the names, and remembrances and the hours ticked by, I was struck by how many moments we share with others during our lifetime. We don't often get to go back in time and remember together. But we did on this day and talked nonstop, almost.

My 50th High School Class Reunion comes up next year. I graduated from Mary Carroll in May 1960, and the reunion will be in October in Corpus Christi, TX. I hope I am able to go down there and revisit with so many classmates. It would be so much fun! I am thankful for this short little prelude visit with these two beautiful people. God bless you both.

No comments: