Monday, December 21, 2009

TWO DOWN


YIKES! Here it is Dec 21st and I've only sent out two Christmas cards. I made two alike and sent to my two new friends in the UK before I headed to TX to visit mom. I met these two gals reading their blogs on line and asked them if they wanted to be pen pals and they both said "Yes". Beryl Tyler lives in Wales on the side of a mountain near the sea coast and Ann Dunlop has a B & B and lives in Ayr, Scotland. Wales and Scotland are two of my fav countries, having visited them in the mid 90's. I love meeting people from other countries. Humankind has so many characteristics that are alike. I disagree with all the "diversity" language and emphasis. When you focus on diversity, you just keep people separated more. We should be focusing on our likenesses, which would give us common ground to enteract together and enjoy each other. But what do I know. Sometimes I think I do have a bit of common sense that helps me see the broad picture.

Here is my Christmas card that I sent across the pond to the UK. The base is white CS, the red is from Archivers and I used the Martha Stewart snowflake punch to put the row of flakes top and bottom. I stamped the PSX Christmas Door image in Momento black ink on white and used Su markers for coloring the tree, the brick steps, the wreath, the sled and the cardinals. I bought three Copic markers: 2 grays (C3-cool grey and B60-pale blue grey), and a really light blue (B 00-frost blue) I used the two shades of grey on the door and house, and around some items where I wanted to indicate shadows or a deepening color. The light blue I used to color the mounds of snow and added a little grey there too. I then used my glue pen to add some large iridescent glitter that is hexagonal pieces. It is just the coolest glitter for snow. I stamped "Merry Christmas" in red on the inside with a clear rhinestone for the dot of the "i"and added the sheer ribbon on the front. Simple card and I hope to get the rest of them done for my family before Jan 1. I am usually late, so they don't expect it until they see it coming. : )

I have a little project to make with Matti and Emma. We will crush some peppermint candies, and add to melted white candy coating, and will spread it out thinly to cool. Then we will break it up and put some in small cellophane bags, and will add a red/white striped card stockstrip over the top, and make a little card with a candy cane on it. I bought a red copic (R27) to use for the candy cane. Simple enough for the girls to do with my help, and they can give to their teachers. Three more days till Christmas and I have finished the girls gifts. Bill is a problem since his birthday is the 29th of Dec so I need two gifts or one big one (for the man who buys his own gifts usually!) I have so many new stamps and other things, I really don't want anything more for myself. Well, I would love to have all the Copic markers (Hehe!) but can wait until next year for my birthday maybe. I just love the way they color!

So to all, near and far, I wish for you the very happiest of
Christmases. May you be blessed with God's peace, joy and love. He is our creator and we were made in His image. May we all honor and love Him for who He is and appreciate how He takes care of all things in His timing and to His purpose. We do not know the future, but we know who holds the future. Thank you heavenly Father for sending Jesus to be the Savior of mankind, if they would only believe.

1 comment:

Vivi Casale said...

Hi Martha,
WOW, your card is stunning!!!!
Thank you so much for becoming a follower of Magnolia Stamp Lovers and participating on my blog candy!
I wish you Good Luck!
and Merry Christmas!
xxx
Vivi