Monday, December 28, 2009

THE OLD WAY...THE NEW WAY!

Here at our condo, my craft area shares a space in the front bedroom. Our little grand daughters had toddler beds there for the last year and we just recently changed those out in favor of our day bed which has a pull out trundle bed that pops up and makes a king (or two twins.) We leave the trundle down low for the youngest grand daughter and have guards on the bed sides since they are not used to the smaller twin size.

Anyway, the above is a photo of my two craft tables as they used to be. The beds are in the second photo after we flip flopped them with the tables. My extra bins are not in the room yet (there are about 6 of them and I carry them back and forth to MN so I have the basics with me where ever I go. It is a pain to do, but necessary since I can't afford to own duplicates of all my supplies.)

My hubby has recently put together the two cabinets we are installing so I can put away some of my craft supplies and make it all be more organized and easier to find things. I'm still working on HOW to organize it all but it will eventually be a vast improvement. Besides the two tall cabinets, I have 5 of those 14 inch cube storage units from Michaels to place in the space between the wood cabinets and the table. (The two bins will be emptied and so the cubes will have easy access.) The cubes are all different...one has four 6 inch sq drawers 14" deep, one has three wide drawers 14x14 each, one has a wide shelf and one drawer, and the last two are just 4 shelves each that will hold 12 x12 card stock and big paper pads easily. They still need to be put together. I may put the 2 paper storage cubes inside a cabinet to keep the light off of my paper. Wouldn't want any of it to fade. LOL Lastly above the tables we are adding 4 or 5 9" shelves the length of the wall in wood tone where the punches will go and other items
that are used often. The pink-lidded bins on the corner of the table have Stickles, embellishments, and other add-ons for my cards and will probably go inside the wood cabinets or at least on the open counter section. I am so excited to see my new crafting space emerge. I think it is so fitting to have a new space for the new year, don't you? Happy 2010 to all. : )

1 comment:

Barb Hardeman said...

Your new craft room is shaping up very nicely. Won't it be nice to get everything tucked into it's place and give your some creating room on your table. All the best in the New Year....