Thursday, September 2, 2010

CARD FOR SIS


Emma had her adenoids removed and tubes put in just before school. We took care of Matti while Emma was having the surgery and while she was recovering in the afternoon. All went perfectly.

Matti and I decided Emma needed a "get well" card and spent most of the morning making it. When I do cards with the girls, I make it important to include them in every phase of it that I can. I collected some stamps for the front image and Matti chose the ice cream sundae and the two ice cream cones. I also picked out some appropriate sayings, and Matti asked me what each one said and she picked "Hope You Feel better soon" for the inside. She picked the colors to color the image and did that and she also chose the colors for the matting. She wanted to punch too (she loves punching) and decided on the pop-up butterflies and every other one is punched out. She added them to the inside. She did all the pop dotting and Stickles to give it some bling. She wrote her name inside and I helped guide her hand to do the front writing ("Have a treat"). We did not have the right stamp for it so just wrote it. Matti did all the adhesive runner and

wanted the ribbon and put it down with double stick tape. There was one little booboo with the Stickles, so I just added all the dots of Stickles to confuse the eye. Was I successful? I think for a four year old with some guidance, she did a marvelous job.

2 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Wow, Martha! I just checked in last week and there was nothing new on your blog so I dropped in tonight to see that you've posted tons of new stuff. I love the pictures of the girls and all their activities! How precious! This card you made with Matti is so darned cute, and you tell her that she did a wonderful job! Glad the surgery was successful. I've looked back over some other cards you've posted and they are wonderful. Love that little bridal couple. The anniversary card is delicious too! You've been a busy gal lately...hugs...
Barb

Davi said...

I know that Matti had so much fun making this with you for Emma.It turned out so sweet.