Thursday, September 2, 2010

SECOND WEDDING CARD



I was reading another persons blog about "square" cards. They require special envelopes and usually extra postage but can be soo pretty. I was wanting something white on white or near white and came up with this one as a wedding card.

My card base is white, the next layer is a wedding swirl print in echrue and I rounded the corners with my Creative Memories punch. The next layer is "punch around the block" with Martha Stewarts Deco Shell set. They tell you what size to make your pieces so as to match up the corner and border. The third layer is a solid echrue colored CS run through with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and edged with a scallop. The center is an image of the word LOVE in block letters. I stamped it in Versa Mark on cream. I heat embossed it with white EP. I distressed the edges of the LOVE square with Tim Holtz "Pumice Stone" distress ink and then matted it with a thin layer of white CS. Love thatPumice Stone color! The larger flower is made by me...my first paper flower. Woohoo! I punched 5 flowers from the echrue CS using a 5 petal punch, spritzed them lightly with water and scrunched each layer up tightly into a spit ball. I let them dry over night, flattened them out a little, and punched a little hole in each. I layered them on top of each other and stuck a beige brad through the center. I then scrunched the center petals tightly and as I went down the stack, each lower one was a little more open. It was really easy and next time I will try it with a scalloped circle. The other flowers were just small flower punches. I tried some greenery but decided I liked the little blue flowers instead. I may add leaves also later. I added the little white ribbon because that corner looked bare. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Davi said...

Martha, this turned out so beautiful!! I love the distressed and lacy look of this.

Bethgun said...

That's really pretty, Mom! I like it.