Wednesday, September 1, 2010

TWO MONTHS LATER....

WOW, it has been almost two months since I posted! No, I was not on an extended vacation in the Amazon Jungle with no internet service! No, I have not been institutionalized although there may be those who might like for me to be! I have just been busy living each day, one at a time.

For a quick recap...
My week with Mom for her birthday was special. She is such a wonderful person. I took my iPad along and was able to do emails and Ebay using the ATT service we bought for a month just for that purpose. I also took our Disney movie "The Princess and the Frog" and she enjoyed that. I had transportation to and from the air port via a friend and one of Mom's neighbor's. Saved me $180 total and I am very appreciative.

Our son and family had been here for the 4th of July. Our daughter Beth could not come and visit, but she sent the girls chef aprons and hats and so I have included a couple of pictures of them dressed for "cookin" "! They are so much fun. Emma lost her first baby tooth and the tooth fairy brought her some money She is saving for her own iPad. Matti is holding her dad's soda as they are preparing to leave after the holiday.

We headed back to Oshkosh about July 20th. When we are there, it is less structured and we are more retired. We shared several meals with our son's family, sometimes at their home, and sometimes at the condo. August 7th I met with Jodi's step mother at Archivers with Matti and Emma, and we made three projects free. The girls spent an hour waiting in line and doing each project at the free Make and Take. They did so wonderfully and were so patient. Susan had never done card making and helped so much. After wards, we took the girls to lunch at Perkins and I took a picture of Susan and the girls and put it with the posting of the projects. We were out for about 5 hours and the girls were just super the whole time. Matti fell asleep in the car on the way home. I will post their projects in the next posting.

The next day was the condo associational annual meeting and cook out. We met on the double driveway 2 doors over from us, and although it was hot, Bill and I sat in the shade of the garage and ate our brats and burgers. Lots of good food there and two hours of conversation and meeting our neighbors.

We headed back to MN about the 25th. and have been taking care of a couple of doctors appointments. Bill picked up another mobility scooter with a ramp for the back of the van. He plans to sell the one he got this summer as this one is newer and better. He used one for riding around EAA airshow in Oshkosh. He doesn't have the stamina for walking around for hours anymore. He loves having conveniences and gadgets.

I have made some cards the past few months and will show them in postings after this. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: