Thursday, September 2, 2010

WEDDING CARDS


I recently bought the cutest Penny Black stamp on Ebay titled "With this Ring". It has the cute boy groom in a tux and top hat holding a sparkling ring behind his back and he is facing the girl bride whose hair is up with roses and a short lace veil, and her dress is old fashioned with swags and roses and eyelet peeking from beneath the skirt. She holds her bouquet behind her and is wearing her Mary Janes.

I decided to make this into a non-traditional wedding card, using my favorite Stampin Up color of Brilliant Blue. His tux is colored with Copic gray and I used the SU Brilliant blue as accents on his tux and the vest, I colored the ring and added Stickles to sparkle it up some.

She is a vision in her white dress with rose colored roses, green leaves, and a pink swag above the blue ruffle, along her skirt with more roses. I used my SU Designer Paper in Brilliant Blue for the background, but used the small print side. I added Stickles randomly to the dots in the back ground, added a Martha Stewart eyelet lace border and matted in the solid Brilliant Blue. I added a small simple ribbon tied in a knot. Next time I do this image, I want to use pastels and off white for a different look. Makes me want to renew my vows and have a pretty wedding dress again. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Davi said...

Martha this image is just the sweetest and I love your coloring! The wonderful dp and lacy border is the perfect accompaniment! Great job friend!