Tuesday, October 26, 2010

HELLO MUMMY!


I am not much into Halloween as it conflicts with my Christian beliefs. I think it is fun to have costume parties for kids and the genuine Harvest Festival parties celebrating God's bounty in the food we grow and share. I did let my kids Trick or Treat a little but only a few neighbor houses. and we never did Santa pictures or Easter bunny pictures. They are just not what we wanted to emphasize.

When I let my grand daughters pick out a stamp each in the sale stamps at Hobby Lobby, I did not restrict them. Matti chose the house silhouette stamp which you might have seen her card about 6 posts back. Emma chose a mummy stamp and hasn't had time to use it as she is in Kindergarten all day. I decided to use it to make a different card than Halloween. It says "Hello" on the outside and on the inside"Mummy", as a play on "mommy" for my mother.

I chose to make the card base look like it was wrapped as the mummy is and used strips of paper toweling to do it with. I distressed the edged with Tim Holtz "old paper" distressed ink and some black marker. I used two panels of card stock in two browns to mat the mummy panel but off set them. And I used SU Dusty Durango around the image to give it a little pop. The "Hello" is stamped on a small die cut piece. It is very different than my usual flowers and flourishes, but I think cute and "almost" Halloween looking. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Beryl said...

A great fun card Martha and the bandaged lok for the card base is brilliant. Very ingenious.
Beryl xx

Davi said...

Cute little card and very clever using the paper towels friend!! You are the best~~ :)