Tuesday, October 26, 2010

FRIENDSHIP BEARS


I have loved this image ever since I saw it used by my good friend Davi. I finally found it on Ebay and here is my version.

The bears are colored with pencils, and cut out using a Nestie. I mounted on a larger blue Nestie of SU brocade blue, I tried to distress the inside of the panel in the nestie but it was too dark. Need to find out what others are using for that technique. I added the Basic Grey yellow with tiny blue dots, a back panel of blue and punched the corners. I added pink pearls in the corners. The sentiment is on the tinest of the Nestie set and I used three colors of ribbon just tied in a knot to bring all the colors together...pink, blue, and yellow. I like the softeness of this card. Thanks for coming to see me today.

3 comments:

Beryl said...

It's a lovely image and you've coloured it perfectly. The colouring on the inner part of the nestie is absolutely fine. I wouldn't say it was too dark as it matches the bp.
I must write to you soon I know.
Hugs from
Beryl xx

Ann said...

This is a lovely card Martha, very pretty
Ann xx

Davi said...

WEll friend of Course you know I love this stamp and you did a lovely job coloring the image!! The layers and colors look wonderful with it!!