Friday, October 8, 2010

VERVE VSWCMD5


My card for this sketch uses a variety of papers and card stock. The matting is Basic Black from Hobby Lobby. the background print is Recollections "Purple Daze Flashback", the left lavender is from the same collection and is called "Grape", as is the swirling green called "Ride the Wave" (all from Michaels). The purple to the right is SU Lavender Lace as is the border around the circle. The floral image is from Stamp City and was fun to color. I used SU markers and used a light lavender to add flourishes to the circle before I stamped the sentiment which is a square peg type stamp but has no name on it. The "ribbon" is really a cord and unravels if you don't put tape around the end or tie a knot. I used the tape this time. The circle punches are from SU and all stitching is "faux". I added three pale green pearls which were a gift from Simon Says Stamp. Thanks Simon!

Thanks for stopping.

4 comments:

Davi said...

You know that this is my favorite colors so I love it!! You colored the iris so pretty and perfect dps.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So pretty! What a beautiful background and color combo.

Beryl said...

Hi Martha - Wow - I can see why you fell inlove with those papers. They are in my very favourite colours and the bold design is gorgeous. Loving those irises too.
Had a look at all your latest work and apologise for not visiting for ages. Just trying to catch up with a few people this evening. Didn't go dancing as I have a stinking cold - thought I'd best keep it to myself.
Hugs
Beryl xx

Barb Hardeman said...

Awesome papers and a cool layout! I love the cord you used here too.