Wednesday, November 3, 2010

SUNFLOWERS ONCE MORE

My last card I made before going back to MN is another sunflower card. This one fits in a business sized envelope. My poor sunflowers by the deck are hanging their heavy heads and the squirrels are eating the seeds out and scattering them for next years sunflower crop. : ) I made this last sunflower card in honor of those flowers and remembering their beauty.
This card is an unusual shape on top. It is a bifold card, slightly elongated to accommodate the longer image and my little gifty inside...a bookmark. I colored the image (a couple of sunflowers and one having a lady bug on the center) with Stampin Up markers and used my Cuttlebug to cut out the shape with a die. I trimmed the top of the card to make the edge follow the top of the die shape and to create some interest. I matted it first in dark green and then used the two different greens to make two panels behind the image. I tied on some golden yellow ribbon before sticking it all down. The image is pop dotted up.


When the front is opened, it opens to the second folded surface. I added more dark green as a scalloped mat around the oval sentiment "Happy, happy, happy Birthday!" which was cut with the Cuttlebug. I added a vertical of brown and white check on top of the med green, trimming the tops by hand to follow the unusual shape. I had a really tiny lady bug stamp and stamped one off on a separate piece of white, colored it, cut it out and popped it up on this side with a dashed line to make it look like it is flying. I loved doing this. You may need to enlarge the picture to see my dashes.



When this side is opened, I have placed a coordinating book mark inside with a vertical sunflower image and golden yellow ribbon tied on. I also added some stamped lady bugs on the sides to bring it all together. I think I need to add something around the edges of the book mark or mat it behind with the dark green. or at least edge it with some green ink to make it show better. To hold the book mark in place, I put a strip of the brown/white check which is matted with green and if you look closely, you can see where I stamped "Love You" on the brown/white check. It is hard to see and I may need to do something to make it show better...like embossing it in black or something. Thanks for stopping by.

Party Time Tuesday #19-Birthday
TSG79 Here she goes getting "gifty"

4 comments:

Abby Beard said...

Gorgeous! Love the design and the sunflowers. Thanks for joining the party at PTT! :)

Davi said...

Oh Martha, This card turned out sooo fabulous!! I love the sunflowers you colored so beautifully. The cool shape and triple fold make it lots of fun to discover the wonderful bookmark inside!! Of course you know that I would love the green with the sunflowers :)

Nancy said...

Adorable card...love the vibrant colors!! Thanks for partying with us this week at Party Time Tuesdays!

Nadine said...

Hallo

Wow, schaut super aus.
Gefällt mir richtig gut, da stimmt einfach alles.
Vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei Kreative Stempelfreunde -Creative stamps Friends.

Liebe Grüße Nadine