Saturday, November 6, 2010

AUTUMN COLORS


I wanted to make another Autumn colored card. I missed our leaves turning since I was traveling and spent a week + in TX with my mom. I am so Thankful to live in a place that has all the seasons. Each has a beauty all its own and Autumn is spectacular in Minnesota/Wisconsin. And I am Thankful to GOD for the beauty He has created. All Thankfulness begins with knowing GOD and who He is and appreciating what He has done for us and continues to do every day. GOD IS LOVE!

This card started with a leaf print paper which I cut around the leaves to "leave" a window to allow my textured Kraft card stock to show through. I used the Distressed stripes folder for the texture. I love that folder because the stripes can blend with so many types of papers and themes. I used a Bazzill linen card stock at the top in a chili pepper red, matted with a smooth chili pepper red and Kraft CS and distressed the edges before I adhered the layers. I stamped the saying in Versa Mark and heat embossed it on an orange card stock. I cut it out with the Cuttlebug Nestie and matted the second one in SU cranberry crisp, but turned it . I used Stickles on the one leaf and the bottom paper was a little uneven, so I added a "stitch line" of Stickles to draw the eye away from the irregular edge. : ) We crafty crafters need to be able to fix things some times. (Have you ever had to cover something up with a bow, or turned over the first stamping job because you bobbled it a bit, etc...? "Necessity IS the mother of invention" they say! LOL) Thanks for stopping by.

Sew Many Challenges-FALL
ABC Challenge-Glitter
Our Creative Corner-Attitude of Grattitude

7 comments:

Radwa Bayoumi said...

Great color combo..Thanks for joining us at SMC.

Davi said...

Martha you did a fabulous job with this card. I love how you cut out the leaves with the embossed under. It is beautiful dp and the colors are so rich. Great job friend!! :)

Kelly said...

Lovely card thank you for joining Sew Many Cards!!

Deanette said...

Very nice fall card, thanks for joining us this week at SMC!

Unknown said...

Very nice card! love the colors and your embossing! TY for joining PTT this week, hope to see you next week too!

Barb Hardeman said...

Such a pretty "screen" card Martha! Your colors are delightful, sure makes me wish we had changes of color here in Texas...

paper fun said...

Lovely card and great sentiment. I have that embossing floder and rarely use it. You have inspired me to use it more.

Your sentiment is awesome.

Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Challenges.

Mari