Sunday, November 7, 2010

FRIENDSHIPS

My card today is a D. Morgan image. I learned about D. Morgan from my DIL whose family came from TN and she has several framed D. Morgan prints on the walls in their home. They are just lovely and when I see all the wonderful stamp images made from D. Morgan, I really get happy. Love them all!
This one says "In my garden of memories...you are the dearest flower." The flowers are so sweet and fun to color. I think they are hollyhocks.

I followed the coloration as best I could from the stamp top. I used a blue from Stampin Up and stamped the whole image on it in Momento Tuxedo black ink. I notched the corners with my little Marvy punch, and matted with hot pink.

I then stamped it again on white, colored the flowers, splattered the white framed section by making tiny little blue and pink dots placed randomly. I distressed the frame edges, and added some Copic shadows in a very pale pink. I cut the flower/frame section out, tied on the pink dotted sheer ribbon and pop dotted the panel onto the blue section. I added a little Stickles to the flower centers for a little sparkle. I could have added more embellies, but honestly felt it would detract from this beautiful image. This is the kind of card you send to a really sweet friend. We need to tell our friends how much they mean to us and often. We never know when we might not get the opportunity again. Life can change in a moment and someone who means a lot to us can be gone forever. Carlene...this one's for you! I appreciate all you and your husband did for me as a teenager years ago. I am sorry I did not tell you enough before your passing but know you are looking down on me still.
Thanks for stopping by....

Creative Stamp Friends (Kreative Stempelfreinde) #11- Favorite stamps
A Spoonful of Sugar-Embellishments (Stickles and ribbon)
ABC Challenge-Glitter

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Eine wundervolle Karte einfach genial.


Danke für deine Teilnahme bei Kreative Stempelfreunde-Kreativ Stempel
LG Nicole

Ann said...

A lovely card Martha. Very pretty, I hope you are lucky in the challenge.
Ann x